- What is the world's "Sweet Spot"?
- What are "Sweet Spot" Parties?
- What happens after the party?
- Who can host a "Sweet Spot" party?
- What are the four "Sweet Spot" Party Questions?
- How do I get started?
- What is the deadline for hosting and submitting information from the parties?
- What do I need to do to get started?
The world’s Sweet Spot is our common place of agreement. A place where people across geographical, religious, economic, political and socio-cultural contexts all agree the world could be better.
People around the world (in over 67 countries!) are hosting parties to help us discover where our world’s “Sweet Spot” is. The main event at each party will be focused on having guests break into small group conversations (of 2-6 people each) and finding agreement as to their own top answers to the four vital questions described below. Party hosts are also encouraged to embellish the event by throwing in any additional fun party activities that interest them, such as live bands, dancing, art exhibitions, interactive games, break-dance exposes, karaoke, jam sessions, craft-making, speed dating, beat-boxers, etc. Whatever floats your boat!
All of the answers that people come up with at the parties will be downloaded into a giant global database. We will take the answers from around the world, and analyze them to find out which ideas emerge consistently across all communities… thus finding our world’s “Sweet Spot”. Then, we will call on creative people everywhere to set off a global explosion of art and music expressing the ideas in our Sweet Spot in a way that reaches the hearts and minds of people everywhere. That art and music renaissance will occur on December 20th, 2012.
ANYONE can host a Sweet Spot Party. You don’t need experience or money – we’ll teach you how to do it for very little money or for free!!! All you need to do is sign up as a “Spark” (party host) on our homepage website and we’ll provide you with more information on how to get started. Just click here to sign up! However you only have between August 15 and September 20 to host the party… so you should probably get started on the planning right away!!
Everyone at the party will be asked to answer the four following vital questions…
If the world as it currently exists were to radically shift tomorrow, and we had an opportunity to recreate the world…
- What would you NOT want to continue from this world?
- What WOULD you want to continue from this world?
- What could people do differently now to help us get to that better world?
- What is one thing that you would be willing to do differently to help get us to that world?
All parties must be held AND information from the parties submitted by September 20th, 2012.