Once you sign up to play Secret Agents of Compassion, you will receive a mission to engage in an act of random kindness every day for 11 days (September 11th through September 21st). These acts can be small acts of compassion towards strangers, giving acts of gratitude to people from your past, helping friends who are going through hard time, or engaging your community in acts of spontaneous fun.
The main idea is that you are secretly going into your community to spread little pieces of joy in surprising ways. Your challenge will be to help people see themselves or the world a little bit differently, maybe a little better. You can either video tape the random acts of kindness* or simply tell us how it went on the global Compassion Map.
Being a Secret Agent will give you an opportunity to be creative, generous, and fun and will connect to people around the world, just like you, who want to make a difference. You don't need to be a super hero, you just need a kind heart.
*You can video tape your secret acts of kindness by asking a friend to come along and use their cell phone camera to record the deed, or you can buy a GoPro camera to place on your head (like the one in the video). All videos of Random acts of Kindness will be displayed on A Big Project's homepage and on the Compassion Games website.
Here are some examples of Random Acts of Kindness to give you ideas…
- Buy tickets for the person behind you at the movies.
- Deliver an anonymous care package to friends who are having a rough time.
- Bring dinner to a mother who just had a baby.
- Give out glow sticks at a dance club.
- Clean up part of a street or park.
- Compliment a homeless person (and then buy them lunch).
- Visit and play a game with someone who is lonely.
- Clean someone else's dishes.
- Make dinner for the person in your family who always cooks.
- Give a flower to a stranger.
- Let someone go in front of you in line.
- Write a thank you note to your first grade teacher.
- Donate toys to a local hospital.
- Yield to a car trying to get through.
- Forgive someone that is important to you.
- Recruit other Secret Agents of Compassion.